Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.7: Use iCloud to automatically sync files across Macs' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.7: Use iCloud to automatically sync files across Macs
Authored by: ars on Nov 02, '11 05:08:27PM

I did check the Documents and Data checkbox of both Macs, so maybe one does need to have one of the iWorks apps for the hint to work. I might buy one of them just to have the syncing capability. Maybe someone else can confirm our theory before I spend my money.

Edited on Nov 02, '11 05:27:10PM by ars

10.7: Use iCloud to automatically sync files across Macs
Authored by: zacht on Nov 02, '11 08:35:36PM
Before investing money, you might want to try Dropbox for file syncing between Macs. It's free (additional storage for a fee), offers "automatic" syncing via background app, offers a web interface (handy for accessing your files from other computers), and works pretty well in my personal experience.

10.7: Use iCloud to automatically sync files across Macs
Authored by: xplora on Nov 03, '11 12:03:26PM

Hmm, since you bring up Dropbox, I'd like to point out a couple of things, first, what about SugarSync, Box.net, and even Microsofts SkyDrive, and others, then there is the space they start with, 2 Gig for Dropbox, 5 for iCloud/SugarSync/Box.net/SkyDrive.

10.7: Use iCloud to automatically sync files across Macs
Authored by: zacht on Nov 03, '11 11:11:07PM

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't heard of those other services. I'll check em out.

10.7: Use iCloud to automatically sync files across Macs
Authored by: fruttolo on Dec 19, '11 09:39:52AM

Has anyone tried this app for Mac (EasyCloud), which manages the files directly from your Mac icloud?
EasyCloud