Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: babaloo on Oct 27, '11 01:29:53PM

I'm on 10.7.2 and Command-Tab loops. No stopping at the last app.
But you all know about throwing Shift into the mix for reverse, right? So to go back in the line of apps hit Command-Shift-Tab.

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: BlackjackJoe on Oct 27, '11 01:56:25PM

10.7.2 wraps for me just the same as 10.6.x did.

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: macminilion on Oct 28, '11 03:44:49AM

Same here. Clean Lion install upgraded to 10.7.2. Wraps as it always has done.

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: trianglejuice on Oct 28, '11 04:58:39AM
It wraps when you don't keep the tab button pressed. If you keep it pressed, it will stop at the end (or at the beginning when using Shift).

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: babaloo on Oct 28, '11 09:14:45AM

Now here's a first. I never use Command-Tab with holding Tab down. That moves way too fast for me. So I didn't check for that behavior.
But indeed, holding Tab down will stop cycling at the last app. Which is rather nice.

But for me it's only interesting as a side note, as I will always use Command-Tab by holding Command down and just clicking Tab.

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: anic297 on Dec 21, '11 06:17:59AM

Was obvious, but only you noticed why people reported different behaviours! Nice!
When I read your comment, I thought "we are all simpletons"!

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: trianglejuice on Dec 22, '11 06:03:29AM

Thanks for that delightful compliment!
Brings me even more in a Christmas mood ^_^
Happy Holidays!

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: anic297 on Dec 22, '11 06:29:37AM

You're welcome!
Merry Christmas to everyone, really!

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: mike666 on Oct 27, '11 09:53:42PM

Stops for me (Late '08 MBP 17" 10.7.2). Note that if it does stop, you don't have to Shift to go all the way back to the beginning - just hit TAB once more and it will loop back to the first app. I personally think this new behavior is brilliant.

10.7: Command+Tab now stops at the end of the bezel
Authored by: rusto on Oct 28, '11 01:54:19PM

An alternate (and presumably well-known) way to reverse (and still use just a thumb and one finger) is to keep holding Command down after you invoke the App Switcher with Tab then switch the finger that was tapping/holding Tab to the key just above it (it has a ` with a ~ above it).