Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.7: Easy package tracking in Mail' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.7: Easy package tracking in Mail
Authored by: fulmar2 on Sep 01, '11 09:23:07AM

Yup, works in snow leopard. I've been using it for a couple years now. Love it!

10.7: Easy package tracking in Mail
Authored by: arcticmac on Sep 01, '11 12:37:38PM

hm... that's strange; I can't get it to work in Snow Leopard, and I've never noticed it before either. But there're definitely strings in the frameworks for it. Has anyone noticed any tricks or reasons that it might not work for me?

10.7: Easy package tracking in Mail
Authored by: KiwiGraham on Sep 01, '11 05:35:05PM

I have a vague recollection of checking for this on SL some time ago and coming to the conclusion that is was only enabled for the US??

10.7: Easy package tracking in Mail
Authored by: leamanc on Sep 01, '11 08:18:38PM

Going off of memory, as I don't have any tracking numbers to try it out with, it did NOT work in Snow Leopard, but has been a feature in iOS Mail for some time now.

It could be true that it works in 10.6, but from my memory, it seems to me like it's new in 10.7.

10.7: Easy package tracking in Mail
Authored by: fulmar2 on Sep 02, '11 01:55:58PM

Hey guys - Wow, I went back to my Snow Leopard Machine, and sure enough, 10.6.8, it doesn't work! But, I've been doing this for over a year now, and Lion hasn't been out that long... Am I getting.. what's that disease called again..uh..excuse me a moment..oh yea, Alzheimer's?

Not consistent In SL, at least
Authored by: Makosuke on Sep 02, '11 05:15:35PM

I had noticed this feature in Lion and absolutely love it--makes obsessively checking where your package is SO much easier.

I just checked, though, and the same mail message that has a UPS tracking number that I was using in Lion does not show the pop-up option in Snow Leopard at work.

So maybe the feature works in some circumstances in 10.6, but it's definitely not all the time, and I don't even think most, since I noticed it immediately in Lion and had never seen it before.