Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the '10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control
Authored by: Jwink3101 on Jul 25, '11 08:52:37AM

Agreed. I think I still miss the old Spaces but this helps a lot. I also wish there were a regular mouse only way. Maybe something like right-clicking the Desktop/Space switches to it.

10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control
Authored by: peterholdn on Jul 25, '11 01:52:09PM

Am I misunderstanding your request? Because while in Mission Control, double clicking a Desktop/space activates it. Yes, it takes you to that space directly, and closes Mission Control. Did you want to be able to mouse-select it and stay in MC?

---
Relax, it's only ones and zeroes.

10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control
Authored by: Jwink3101 on Jul 25, '11 01:55:39PM

Yes, I want to basically do what this hint does without needing to touch the keyboard. I want to change screens and stay in mission control (from the mouse alone)

10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control
Authored by: poenn on Jul 25, '11 03:43:22PM

You might be able to accomplish this using MagicPrefs. I havenít tried and only use it for 3-finger-click (Spaces) and middle-click. I am writing Spaces, because it hasnít yet been updated for 10.7, but the setting now just invokes MC. I believe the next version will have new 10.7 specific settings/gestures.

10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control
Authored by: Jwink3101 on Jul 25, '11 04:51:01PM

I think that would just activate mission control. I want what this hint provides with the option key. Thanks though~

10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control
Authored by: dewab on Jul 25, '11 06:34:30PM

While MC is active, you can achieve this with:

Magic Mouse:
A two finger swipe left or right

Magic TrackPad:
three finger swipe left or right

Keyboard-only:
control-left or right

10.7: Select Spaces in Mission Control
Authored by: Michelasso on Aug 19, '11 04:16:45AM

yes, same here. I have been looking for a way to do it with my not so magic trackpad of my old MacBook and I couldn't find it. Optimally I'd say that just hovering the mouse over a desktop should show it in the "preview". That would make MC much better than Spaces.