Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Extract audio from Flash video' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Extract audio from Flash video
Authored by: grueni on Feb 17, '11 01:36:57AM

hmm... I have Perian and flip4mac (free version) and QT Player 7 on my Snow Leopard system.
I also own QT pro (through owning Final Cut Studio)...
I can simply open the .flv file in QT Player 7 and then export the sound to aiff, au and wave.

Extract audio from Flash video
Authored by: chucky23 on Feb 17, '11 07:09:07AM

Agreed.

Perian and QT Player 7 is by far the easiest and most flexible way to handle pretty much anything you want to do with .flv files.

Extract audio from Flash video
Authored by: joeyblades on Feb 17, '11 11:23:29AM

Drag .flv file onto iExtractMP3 get .mp3 file out... It really cannot get any easier than that... and it's free!

QT Pro with Perian won't export to MP3. Maybe with the right additional plug-in, but I never found a free one.

Extract audio from Flash video
Authored by: brucio on Feb 18, '11 09:56:17AM

+10 THREAD WINNER!! Thanks for the tip- downloaded iExtractMP3 and it really doesn't get any easier than that!

Edited on Feb 18, '11 09:58:57AM by brucio

Extract audio from Flash video
Authored by: morespace54 on Feb 17, '11 08:40:14AM

It's probably the easiest (and fastest?) way to do it (and been mentioned above ;)) but unfortunately, lots of people don't have QT Pro anymore plus I had a few quirks in the past with this method (because the videos has been badly encoded, the resulting audio tracks were having some pitch, pop and hiss problems) I've never tried the other solutions 'tho.

Extract audio from Flash video
Authored by: chucky23 on Feb 19, '11 06:45:52AM

"I had a few quirks in the past with this method (because the videos has been badly encoded, the resulting audio tracks were having some pitch, pop and hiss problems)"

Of course, if you use QT Player 7 + Perian, you are simply extracting the ACTUAL AUDIO TRACK from within the .flv file.

Any audio glitches will be preserved. But the alternate transcoding methods will have the exact same glitches, PLUS a further degrading of quality due to the transcode.

If you transcode pitch, pop and hiss problems, you don't eliminate them. Instead you make them worse.