Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Use right-click instead of menu in order to get single album artwork' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Use right-click instead of menu in order to get single album artwork
Authored by: everkleer80 on Feb 11, '11 04:05:10PM

Heh, the 'hint' for me here is the option in the advanced menu! To download artwork for all my songs, I've always done a select all then used the right click option.

I am in no way saying this isn't a hint (I believe that anything that some people may not know about or have thought of doing is a hint,) I just thought it was kinda funny that the part of your hint that you thought was obvious, hargreae, is the part that I wasn't aware of!

Use right-click instead of menu in order to get single album artwork
Authored by: DamnItsHot on Feb 16, '11 07:26:49AM
Ditto! I had missed the Advanced Menu option too. I guess I have gotten so used to context-sensitive menus (rt-click) that I always try that first. After seeing an option I searched no further. What I really would like to know though is how do I rip out the wrong art that iTunes sometimes collects and stuffs in for me? I would rather have no art than the wrong art (sometimes it takes a while to get 'round to finding a correct album cover or scanning one myself).

Use right-click instead of menu in order to get single album artwork
Authored by: everkleer80 on Feb 16, '11 08:22:52AM

It is annoying when iTunes does that - pulls the wrong artwork. I don't know why it does that either, sometimes it's not even the same artist or album name or anything. If you do get info, I know you can go to the artwork tab and hit delete, and I think there's also a Clear Downloaded Artwork option in the context menu. If I remember correctly, both options (but especially the latter) seem to be a little bit quirky, but I think I usually select all songs in the album and try both, sometimes multiple times, until it works. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but hopefully it helps. It would be nice if when iTunes downloaded artwork, it would pop up a window showing what it downloaded and let the user choose whether to accept each image it found.

Use right-click instead of menu in order to get single album artwork
Authored by: DamnItsHot on Feb 16, '11 09:57:25AM
Sounds like we have had similar experiences (quirky at best) with trying to removing bad art (and the same poor matches to the name of artist or album). I always wonder when I repeat something like this why it works sometimes (after a few tries) and sometimes it doesn't - being an engineer and software developer it makes no sense to me that if I kick it like a coke machine it may work sometimes - or that it may take a couple tries like starting a car on a cold damp morning. I was taught that those approaches only worked on mechanical or analog devices (tapped many an indicator or gauge in aircraft I have flown to make sure that they were not stuck) but that once we got past the original bug found by Admiral Grace Hopper in the relay of the Mark II* we were past all that nonsense. Oh well.

*Some claim the expression has been around longer but personally I like that Grace at least re-invented the term when she taped that moth down in her Lab Log book!
Edited on Feb 16, '11 09:58:38AM by DamnItsHot

Use right-click instead of menu in order to get single album artwork
Authored by: everkleer80 on Feb 16, '11 10:15:09AM

Also being a developer, I've created many of those quirky bugs and know those are the most difficult to troubleshoot!