Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Why MobileMe?' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Why MobileMe?
Authored by: TF on May 14, '10 08:04:34AM

Why do you need MobileMe to accomplish syncing between any of these devices? Can't you do it all with Gmail and Google Contacts? I'm not opposed to MobileMe, but the submitter seems to want to avoid it.

iphone -> exchange to Google
Macs -> address book to google
blackberry -> sync app to google
PC -> ?? Maybe this is the reason?

Seems like there ought to be something for the PC from Google.

Why MobileMe?
Authored by: dayhox on May 14, '10 09:29:04AM

2nd that

---
Illustrator, Designer, Maker

Why MobileMe?
Authored by: auco on May 14, '10 10:22:07AM

I honestly hate it when my friends give away my personal contact data to Google (T_T)

Please hold on to a sec and think about the privacy of other people: the information in your address book is not your data, it's the data of your friends and colleges.

Why MobileMe?
Authored by: TF on May 14, '10 05:05:19PM

FWIW, I wasn't advocating using Google for syncing. I actually prefer MobileMe because of privacy issues.

Why MobileMe?
Authored by: TvE on May 15, '10 02:16:25AM

Not many people think about data security / privacy these days ("if I can get from A to B with a few click's I'll just do itů")!

I am truly amazed how many are using misc. online services for sensitive data, not thinking about the consequenses IF (when) a security breach occurs.

Why MobileMe?
Authored by: rajivpillai on May 15, '10 07:33:29PM

The Google <-> PC sync sanity was the bone of contention and MobileMe was far more reliable !!

Why MobileMe?
Authored by: everkleer80 on May 21, '10 05:15:55PM

Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda crazy that Apple has a reliable way to sync with Windows, but Microsoft won't give its users a way to sync with anything except for their own devices?

Anyway, security issues aside, I think you could use the free service Plaxo to eliminate the need for MobileMe.