Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Yet another method of ejecting stuck CD/DVD media' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Yet another method of ejecting stuck CD/DVD media
Authored by: asmeurer on Feb 10, '10 08:14:41AM
Ot if your Mac has a tray, put a paperclip in the little button that force ejects the disk.

Some of the older slot drives even had these. I wish Apple would include them in all drives.

Some of those old hints are funny. Maybe you could powerup the machine and let it sit in the refrigerator upside down, then grab the CD with a floppy shutter while zapping the PRAM.

And what about drutil eject?

Yet another method of ejecting stuck CD/DVD media
Authored by: asmeurer on Feb 10, '10 08:18:18AM

Also, the comments of the old hints give about a dozen other methods.

I agree, drutil should be in the list
Authored by: lullabud on Feb 10, '10 10:16:15AM

drutil should be listed instead of diskutil because it's optical-drive specific.

Yet another method of ejecting stuck CD/DVD media
Authored by: Anonymous on Feb 11, '10 08:49:28AM

Why just if it has a tray? Slot loading drives also have mechanical force-eject buttons. You just have to search for them. Don't use a paperclip until you found it though. While hunting, you should use something like a chopstick (not a disposable one from a restaurant) -- pointed, but non-metallic.

Why am I being captchaed when I'm logged in?

Yet another method of ejecting stuck CD/DVD media
Authored by: asmeurer on Feb 11, '10 12:43:49PM

Are you sure about this? I have never found an eject button in my slot loading drives, except for the in the old CRT iMacs. And how can you fit a chopstick in such a small space? What I really need is a good way to pull apart the foam at the entrance so I can get a good look at what's inside.

I'm also wondering about the captcha. It's kind of annoying to have to enter it twice, once for preview and once for submit. And recaptcha would be better :)

Yet another method of ejecting stuck CD/DVD media
Authored by: everkleer80 on Feb 12, '10 10:03:11AM

Good to see an attempt to stop all the comment spam that's been coming in. Turns out you don't need to enter it for the preview.