Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'iPad_poll_#1' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
iPad_poll_#1
Authored by: rab777hp on Jan 27, '10 02:48:30PM

Why would anyone buy this when there are plenty of great android tablets out there which have FLASH and MULTITASKING, making them proper netbooks. Not just an iPod Touch that doesn't fit in your pocket.

iPad_poll_#1
Authored by: DamnItsHot on Jan 28, '10 09:23:47AM

Well that being said why would anyone want to buy an iPhone either? Or why would anyone want a MacBook/Pro when they can get a Windows notebook...

Maybe because they appreciate quality and design and not some schlocked together piece of crap.

Buy what and where you want - Thanks I will stick with Apple as my choice for hardware and especially OS X!

jOhn

The iPad gives you a phone's worth of features in a laptop size. No thanks.
Authored by: Raptor007 on Feb 02, '10 06:16:37PM

The iPhone's success does not justify the existence of the iPad. The iPhone gives you some of the features of a laptop, but in a size that fits in your pocket. It's a useful tradeoff.

The iPad gives you some of the features of a laptop, but with no extra portability. It doesn't fit in your pocket, so you're still going to carry it in your arms or in a bag of some sort. Thus, you'd be better off with a real laptop that isn't limited to App Store functionality.

The only market I see for this thing is people who are too incompetent to use a fully-featured operating system without screwing it up. Sadly, that's still a pretty big market.

The iPad gives you a phone's worth of features in a laptop size. No thanks.
Authored by: Makosuke on Feb 25, '10 01:46:50PM

it's not a pretty big market, it's 95% of the world's population, at MINIMUM. And there's nothing sad about it--Apple finally created something for the masses. The people who read this site happen to not be in the masses, from a technology standpoint, though obviously it still appeals to a decent number of them, as well.

Anyone who's run tech support for a while should be drooling over the prospect of the iPad, or a device like it, filling the need that the vast majority of computer users have been shoehorning professional OSes into for the entire time period between the Apple // and it's disk-is-the-program paradigm and today.

Me, I don't currently need one enough to justify the expense, but I expect I'll buy one for "laid back" browsing, a need that my MBP, or really any full-sized laptop, does not do at all well at.

iPad_poll_#1
Authored by: Westside guy on Jan 28, '10 09:59:33PM

I think this is an accurate statement - but not in the way you seem to be implying. You apparently don't realize what a useful tool the iPod Touch is. I've got an SSH/VNC client on mine, a bunch of useful networking and remote monitoring tools, email, calendar, and of course the browser. The Touch is an amazing little gadget.

Actually, the iPad gives me hope for future iPod Touches - I'd LOVE to see one with 3G networking and offering these pay-as-you-go 3G plans. I hardly ever use my cell phone, so I don't really need an iPhone (at least with the current high cost phone plans).

iPad_poll_#1
Authored by: macgruder on Jan 30, '10 03:20:17AM

Because consumers buy things for what they can do not for their specs. With many users using the Web for mail etc, multitasking is not a big deal, and the obvious superiority of the interface plus the apps and games make this an idea choice for a second computer - i.e. when you're on the move.

iPad_poll_#1
Authored by: Anonymous on Feb 02, '10 04:21:57PM
Because consumers buy things for what they can do not for their specs.
Erm, no. Consumers buy things for how they are marketed. The droid tablets haven't been marketed.

iPad_poll_#1
Authored by: wayneyoung on Feb 22, '10 08:16:44PM

What Android Tablets? I haven't seen a single one advertised. I haven't seen any reviews, magazine articles, nothing. I'm getting an iPad because I was going to get an iPod Touch, now I don't have to, the iPad is better. It will replace my netbook. It is exactly what I was hoping for.

Android, smandroid
Authored by: CAVEperson on Feb 25, '10 08:11:51AM

Because Android is a fragmented platform, which many folks will drift away from as they become disillusioned.

I'd like to think that the new Windows TL;DR will give the iPad some useful competition, but I'm not optimistic about it.