Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'apache wont start' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
apache wont start
Authored by: JerkyJerk on Sep 13, '02 10:40:38AM
I have a question are you using the PHP module from Marc Liyanage's site? on my powerbook that's the one I'm using but my iMac is a stock install. I don't get that error on the iMac or I don't get the error if I disable the PHP module on my PowerBook. I compiled my own mod_dav and that didn't help. My next step is I'm gonna compile my own PHP module.
jerky

apache wont start
Authored by: jgmanning on Sep 13, '02 11:37:46AM

the PHP module from Marc Liyanage's site

Marc has confirmed that there's a conflict. Presumably the php module supplied by Apple will work with mod_dav.

I have found what appears to be a conflict between your PHP4 module and the WebDAV server included in 10.2. When both mod_dav your module are enabled, httpd restart fails with a bunch of XML errors.

I know, the two conflict... Not much I can do about it right now... You have to choose one or the other... There's a similar conflict with the apple_auth module.

apache
Authored by: JerkyJerk on Sep 16, '02 05:44:55PM
I can say for sure the Apple mod_php works with DAV.
jerky

apache
Authored by: srelan on Sep 17, '02 02:08:46PM

where can you get the apple mod_php (if you've already replaced it with mark Linage's module)

apache
Authored by: Goeres on Sep 22, '02 01:35:30PM
if you check Marc Liyanage page he suggests to load his PHP module only AFTER you load the DAV module (same for addmodule). At least his work for me and I am able to start apache again. I still have not been able to upload my calendar from ical but I have still the night a head.
regards
Robert

apache wont start
Authored by: westin on Sep 24, '02 03:49:30PM

Make sure you use Marc's Jaguar compile of PHP. Also make sure DAV is enabled and loaded after PHP

apache wont start
Authored by: chrispar on Oct 02, '02 06:46:37AM

This worked for me. I'm using Marc's PHP4 module and apache wouldn't restart until I changed the order of LoadModule and AddModule to force PHP to load FIRST.