Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Safari 4 Action menu' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: frank_martin on Oct 21, '09 12:16:38PM

There is an Action (Gear) optional toolbar element available in Safari 4. Among other things, it offers "Copy Link HTML Tag" that appears to perform the same function as this post, available regardless of OS version.

To instate this, do View menu > Customize toolbar and drag the Action/Gear icon to your toolbar.

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: everkleer80 on Oct 21, '09 12:27:12PM

Great find!

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: rgray on Oct 21, '09 01:24:11PM
I am in Safari 4.0.3. What "Action (Gear)" icon? This is my Customise Toolbar screen

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: frank_martin on Oct 21, '09 03:07:52PM

Sorry, I don't know why you do not have that.

On my Leopard machine and on my Tiger machine, it is located just right of the Google toolbar element in your screenshot.

Perhaps reinstall Safari?

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: tedw on Oct 21, '09 03:44:37PM

double-check that you didn't accidentally open the wrong version of Safari, because that's not the correct toolbar collection (t least not for Leopard - are you using Tiger?). If you have the correct version, than something's amiss; I'd go to the Apple download page and download a fresh version of Safari.

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: tedw on Oct 21, '09 03:44:37PM

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: everkleer80 on Oct 21, '09 04:15:06PM

Mine is the same (also in 4.0.3.) I was actually going to dl a new copy as you suggest but I notice there is no Snow Leopard version available (odd being THE Apple site...) and I didn't know if I should use the Leopard version. Perhaps this button was removed in SL though?

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: frank_martin on Oct 22, '09 10:37:23AM

Confirmed, this button is omitted in SL.

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: auco on Oct 22, '09 06:53:42AM

I have a gear icon that provides various useful things amongst copying the URL w/ title (eg. saving flv's), but I think it came with Safari Stand.

Cheers,
Michael

Safari 4 Action menu
Authored by: frank_martin on Oct 22, '09 11:19:17AM

This is correct. I did have SafariStand installed, and removing it removed the gear/Action menu.

My apologies to those who were puzzled by its absence. The good news is that installing SafariStand (freeware) gets this feature for you, and it is SL/64-bit-compatible.