Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'A script to keep playlists synced with iPhones/iPods' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
A script to keep playlists synced with iPhones/iPods
Authored by: wsdr on Jul 10, '09 12:33:57PM

Why not just setup a smart playlist that includes the "specified list of playlists" as the criteria, and sync that? This is a serious question. Am I missing something here?

---

A script to keep playlists synced with iPhones/iPods
Authored by: boxcarl on Jul 10, '09 04:37:09PM

Even easier: Make an iTunes folder called "iPhone"/"iPod" and put the playlists you want synchronized into it.

A script to keep playlists synced with iPhones/iPods
Authored by: midget2000x on Jul 10, '09 09:30:47PM

and sync it how?

A script to keep playlists synced with iPhones/iPods
Authored by: vincentvw on Jul 11, '09 03:28:42AM

You can set specific playlists to auto-sync with your iPod. It's really not that complicated, except for building the initial smart-list parameters.

A script to keep playlists synced with iPhones/iPods
Authored by: midget2000x on Jul 11, '09 09:50:01AM

I know it's not complicated. The whole idea of this script is to avoid auto-syncing anything, because it causes problems.

A script to keep playlists synced with iPhones/iPods
Authored by: leamanc on Jul 11, '09 12:13:32PM

What you are missing is that he doesn't want to turn on auto-syncing. I have been looking for a script like this because I like having certain playlists sync'ed all the time, but would still like to drag and drop arbitrary files to my iPods and iPhone. Once you turn on auto-syncing, you can only sync playlists or your whole library.

Apple should really offer more flexibility in this regard. You can sync podcasts, photo libraries, address book contacts, etc., without turning on full auto-sync for your iPod/iPhone. Why not offer the ability to sync selected playlists, and still do manual control?

I will be trying out this script, because right now I am in the same boat the author describes in the beginning of the hint--I have to manually update my playlists, and often forget to do so on one device or another.