Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0
Authored by: grapegraphics on Jun 18, '09 01:57:29PM

iPhone settings (Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/MobileMe)

- turn OFF "Contacts," wait and then select DELETE from my iPhone.
- Turn ON "Contacts," wait and then select MERGE

- turn OFF "Calendars," wait and then select DELETE from my iPhone.
- Turn ON "Calendars," wait and then select MERGE

Seemed to work for me

Jb

About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0
Authored by: whoadoggy on Jun 18, '09 07:43:22PM

perfect worked for me! Thanks.

About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0
Authored by: iphoneonpc on Jun 25, '09 06:48:40AM

Note for non Mac, non mobileme userers a similar solution works. e.g. if using MS Outlook and Exchange synch over the air. You can remove the duplicates caused by synching with PC by:
- go into settings/mail contacts calendars
- select active exchange account
- turn off 'contacts' - when prompted, delete
- after deleted turn on contacts and when prompted, delete from iphone
- repeate same process for calendar

About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0
Authored by: AKMacAddict on Jan 02, '10 12:09:02PM

I've been really struggling with this issue. It even followed me after a restore of 3.1.2. (Which makes sense; coming from a backup and not setting up as a new phone.)

However, this simple tip cleaned things up in just a few easy steps and a couple of minutes. Thanks!

About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0
Authored by: ffloydsky on Aug 29, '09 12:17:32PM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This has been driving me nuts for the last two days and I couldn't find a solution that worked! This was the easiest solution I have seen yet and worked flawlessly for me!

About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0
Authored by: mcmikemn on Nov 09, '09 10:36:39AM

This worked for me, too, and was very simple. Thanks.