Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Remove Gmail's All Mail folder in Mail from Spotlight index' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Remove Gmail's All Mail folder in Mail from Spotlight index
Authored by: iTux on Mar 22, '09 01:48:16PM

Hey guys,

you can activate "Advanced IMAP Controls" from the Labs menu under settings in your gmail account. After enabling it, change to the labels menu in the settings and uncheck "Show in IMAP"

HTH
iTux

Remove Gmail's All Mail folder in Mail from Spotlight index
Authored by: robogobo on Aug 26, '09 04:03:59AM

Finally a real solution. Thanks! Just be careful. I don't think you can get the labels/mbox back if you accidentally delete too much. I got a bit carried away and deleted my sent box. I'm trying to put it back now.

Remove Gmail's All Mail folder in Mail from Spotlight index
Authored by: andrewwynn on Oct 14, '09 02:41:10AM

worked good for me (0kb file) but next time i will make sure no unread emails; stuck at 20 now. nice n fast though!

of much bigger consequence is the 6-8GB i can save on some computers not doubling@ the mail store! when will Mail figure out the cocept of an alias!

Remove Gmail's All Mail folder in Mail from Spotlight index
Authored by: palahala on Oct 15, '09 12:12:03AM

You can't blame Apple for this. Gmail is mapping its labels to IMAP folders as good as possible, but IMAP does not support aliases either. So Gmail tells Mail that some folder has some message, and another folder has another message. And these happen to be the same messages.

Remove Gmail's All Mail folder in Mail from Spotlight index
Authored by: markwi on Nov 21, '09 02:59:10AM

easy done, but then I can not move a mail to the "all mail" folder through my iphone to keep the message in case I need it later.
I don't want the 'all mail' folder in the mail.app to avoid downloading of >1000 old mails!
Any hint for a smart solution?

Remove Gmail's All Mail folder in Mail from Spotlight index
Authored by: markwi on Nov 21, '09 03:01:25AM

Any hint for a smart solution?