Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!


Click here to return to the 'Only worked for me after a small modification' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Only worked for me after a small modification
Authored by: yumbrad on Mar 12, '09 10:25:56PM
Whoops! Sorry - I pasted in what I used to display the UUIDs before and after. The step I replaced looked like this of course:

for d in ../*; do xattr -w com.apple.backupd.SnapshotVolumeUUID XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX d$/my_partition; done

And yes, thank you very much for posting this tip - quite serendipitous as I just upgraded my iMac drive from 500gb to 1.5tb. So now I'm using three non-Apple-officially-supported methods that work great together - your seamless drive upgrade tip, the one to stick my time machine backup on an "unsupported" network share (Unraid server), and one to manually limit the size of that TM bundle... Pretty soon I'll think of hdiutil as a good old friend, and won't think of these as unsupported workarounds :) ... MacOS is my third OS to learn after DOSWindows and linux, and I'm liking it!

[ Reply to This | # ]

Only worked for me after a small modification
Authored by: only_solutions on Mar 13, '09 04:56:58PM

Ah, that's more like it. ;-)
I still can't say why you needed to do that.

Undocumented procedures can be fun... as long as one never forgets that greater power comes with greater responsibility...! 8-)

---
There are no problems...



[ Reply to This | # ]