Submit Hint Search The Forums LinksStatsPollsHeadlinesRSS
14,000 hints and counting!

Click here to return to the 'Unable to Log In to Facebook' hint
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
Unable to Log In to Facebook
Authored by: arloguthrie on Dec 01, '08 08:27:50AM

I was unable to get this application to work. Once opened, it brought up a blank window, presumably for logging in to Facebook. I was then given the informative error message, "I can't seem to talk to Facebook.com right now. This is a problem." There are no weird proxy settings on my network, nor have I any issues with connecting to Facebook through Safari.

Unable to Log In to Facebook
Authored by: cdaiger on Dec 01, '08 10:36:51AM

Worked fine here... works very well...

Unable to Log In to Facebook
Authored by: robleach on Dec 01, '08 11:30:03AM

Me too. Just fine.

Friends list blank
Authored by: chimerical on Dec 01, '08 03:25:05PM

None of the Facebook friends are appearing in this application's window after a successful login. My OS X Address Book was empty during this first test. I then created some names identical to some of the Facebook friends on my list, and the AddressBookSync application still had a blank friends list window.

Unable to Log In to Facebook
Authored by: AJB on Dec 02, '08 12:51:24AM

I get exactly the same...

A blank login window and an unable to contact facebook message.

Unable to Log In to Facebook
Authored by: mark hunte on Dec 02, '08 07:12:38AM

Although I did not login to fully test this app.

I found when it first ran it made some calls to two web sites. So I blocked them until I worked out where it was calling.

I then got the 'could not connect to facebook' message.

The sites turned out to be:1 facebook and the other I assume is the developers site to check version?

When I then allowed the facebook site I still got the connection error message.
I then allowed the second site, Still got the message.

I then killed the plist file for the app, which only contained a date for the last attempt at connection to dev site.
( I quit and re-launched after each change above.)

And then got the logon screen.

---