Sep 20, '06 07:30:03AM • Contributed by: schanasyk
While trying to get my Nokia 6126 to work with iSync (it is not supported at the time of writing) I came across some info at chromewalker.com about getting a 6131 to work. Since the 6126 is essentially a 6131 but for North America, I gave it a try and it worked.
- Make sure iSync is not running, and un-pair the phone from your Bluetooth preferences.
- Go to your applications folder and right click on the iSync application.
- Click on 'Show Package Contents'
- Navigate to Contents -> Plugins -> ApplePhoneConduit.Syncdevice -> Contents-> Plugins -> PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin -> Contents -> Resources
- Within this last folder there will be a file called Metaclasses.plist
- Copy this file and rename it something like Metaclasses.plist.bkp, if you do not know how to do this, you shouldn't even be trying this.
- Once you have made a backup of the file, open the original file in a text editor and do a search for the Nokia 6111. When you find it, you will see that it is a Series 40 v3 device.
- Look at all the stuff that precedes it and follows it and make sure to copy only the stuff that pertains to the Nokia 6111 and copy/paste it right below it. This will give you two Nokia 6111's in a row. Then on the second Nokia 6111 change every instance of the 6111 with a 6126 and save the file.
- Pair the phone with your mac, and then launch isync.