Create a PDF With embedded fonts using Preview
Feb 09, '06 05:23:00AM
Contributed by: Tarrkus
To make a PDF portable across different systems, it may be necessary to embed the fonts used in the document in the PDF itself (sometimes this is required when submitting documents for publication, etc...). I found an easy way to do this that doesn't require Adobe Distiller:
The file you just saved should have all of the fonts embedded (at least, that has been my experience, but your mileage may vary).
- Open the original PDF in the Preview application.
- Select File: Print
- Click on the Preview button -- a new document should be generated.
- Select File: Print again (you should be in the newly-created document when you do this).
- Click the PDF button, and then select Save as PDF... from the pop-up menu.
- Choose a filename and save the file.
Mac OS X Hints