Aug 14, '03 10:01:00AM • Contributed by: Mikey-San
In this forum thread, the topic of direct site-to-site FTP (moving files from one FTP server to another without visiting your local machine first) was brought up, with a few solutions covered. One was to use Fetch, which apparently has this feature built in, but seeing as how I don't like Fetch (UI bugs me, mainly), I came up with a way to do it from Transmit (or any FTP client that lets you look at the "computer" level of your machine to see locally mounted volumes). Check it out:
- Mount the source FTP server in the Finder with Command-K (or Go -> Go to Server if you prefer menus).
- Launch Transmit (or other FTP client, as noted above).
- Navigate to the Computer level with the pop-up menu on the left-hand side of the Transmit window, and select the locally mounted FTP server.
- Mount your target (destination) FTP server in the right-hand side of the Transmit window.
- Do what comes naturally, and drag your stuff over!