Printing to Windows shared printers in 10.2
Oct 17, '02 09:48:55AM
Contributed by: fanatic86
On OS X 10.2 (Jaguar), you can access a printer that has been shared on a Windows computer. Just follow these steps:
You should be good to go! You may, however, also need to download printer drivers from Gimp-Print.
- Launch Print Center
- Hold down the Option key while clicking the Add button (in the Printer List window)
- Select Advanced from the first pop-up menu.
- Pick "Windows Printer via SAMBA" in the "Device" pop-up menu.
- Enter whatever you want in "Device Name"
- Enter the URI in "Device URI". The syntax is: smb://Server Name/Share Name
- Pick the printer vendor from the Printer Model pop-up menu, and the subsequent model.
[Editor's note: My apologies if this is a duplicate; I thought we had run something similar recently, but can't find anything in the archives...]
Mac OS X Hints